Norwich Pint of Science 2023
22 May 2023 - 24 May 2023
Our researchers will be talking about their research at pubs and venues across Norwich
Pint Of Science brings researchers to their local pubs, so you can learn more about research happening near you.
From 22 to 24 May researchers from across Norwich Research Park will be sharing their exciting science at pubs and venues across our fine city of Norwich.
Here’s some of the exciting science our researchers will be talking about:
Are we human or are we microbe?
Join our researchers at Cinema City on 23 May, 7.30 to 9.30pm to learn about the different microbial communities that live in our bodies and how scientists study them including:
- What is a “healthy” human gut microbiome? – Dr Falk Hildebrand
- The life and times of your skin microbiome – Dr Heather Felgate
- Beginner’s guide to human microbiome: Lab edition! – Ece Silan
How to kill Killer-bugs?
This event at Cinema City on 24 May, 7.30 to 9.30pm explores how scientists are trying to defeat disease causing bacteria and includes Quadram Institute researchers talking about:
- Is the enemy of my superbug enemy my friend? – Dr Evelien Adriaenssens
- Bacteria on your plate: uncovering their secrets – Dr Ana Victoria Gutierrez