I presently work in the area of Molecular Microbiology identifying microbial contamination events.
- Investigating the role of immune cells in the regulation and maintenance of gut homeostasis.
- Life style intervention to control the progression to Type II Diabetes
- Effects of isothiocyanates on respiratory inflammation
- Single-cell gene expression in genetic variability
- The role of the MAP kinase pathway in the formation of colon cancer
- Identification of genetic biomarkers of selenium status in human intervention studies
- Elucidation of the role of selenium in the formation of prostate cancer
- Isolation and purification of xylanase inhibitor proteins
- Identification of novel ferulic acid esterases for application in industrial processes
- Use of molecular markers in the study of gene flow and speciation in the marine environment
- Phenotypic plasticity in the life history traits of arthropods
Wills, Q.F., Livak, K.J., Tipping, A.J., Enver, T., Goldson, A.J., Sexton, D.S. & Holmes, C.C. (2013) Single-cell gene expression analysis reveals genetic associations masked in whole-tissue experiments. Nature Biotechnology Vol. 31: 748-752.
Livak, K.J., Wills, Q.F., Tipping, A.J., Datta, K., Mittal, R., Goldson, A.J., Sexton, D.S. & Holmes, C.C. (2013) Methods for qPCR gene expression profiling applied to 1440 lymphoblastoid single cells. Methods Vol. 59:71-79.
Goldson, A. J., Fairweather-Tait, S.J., Armah, C.N., Bao, Y., Broadley, M.R., Dainty, J.R., Hart, D.J., Teucher, B., & Hurst, R. (2011). Effects of selenium supplementation on selenoprotein gene expression and response to influenza vaccine challenge: randomised double-blind placebo controlled trial. PLoS ONE Vol. 6(3)
Hurst, R., Armah, C.N., Dainty, J.R., Hart, D.J., Teucher, B., Goldson, A.J., Broadley, M.R., Motley, A.K. & Fairweather-Tait, S.J. (2010) Establishing optimal selenium status results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition Vol. 91: 923-931.
Hurst, R., Elliott, R.M., Goldson, A.J. & Fairweather-Tait, S.J. (2008) Se-methylselenocysteine alters collagen gene and protein expression in human prostate cells. Cancer Letters Vol. 269: 117-126