I have a background of dietary assessment methodology, with focuses on simplifications of existing methods in National Food Consumption Surveys, and the incorporation of new technologies.
At the Quadram Institute, I focus more on the management of food composition data, such as:
- Undertaking all aspects relating to the generation of new food composition data for key foods and the publication of data in a variety of formats
- Assisting in the design of studies, sample and preparation of foods for analysis
- Compiling and evaluating data from different sources, recipe calculations, and their publication
- Contributing to discussions of food data standardisation and FoodCASE with other European data compilers and users
- Contributing to the collation and drafting of scientific reports and publications.