We have a number of BBSRC Research Experience Studentships available for the summer of 2017. The Research Experience Placements (REP) scheme provides support for undergraduate summer research placements. REPs are designed to:
- Give promising undergraduates a first-hand opportunity to gain greater experience of research in Biosciences.
- Raise the profile of research careers amongst undergraduate students.
- Interest students in postgraduate research in strategically important areas for BBSRC.
Applications for the 2017 REP studentship programme are now open. The deadline for applications is Friday 2nd June, 2017. Applications need to include curriculum vitae, contact details of referees and a personal statement, and should be submitted using the application form provided (Application form)
Please see the details of each placement here:
Eligibility of students
Selected students must be:
- In the middle year(s) of their first degree studies.
- Registered for a basic science (including mathematics and engineering) or veterinary degree.
- Registered at a UK university.
- Expected to obtain a first or upper second class UK honours degree.
Preference will be given to students who wish to use the placement to find out more about their suitability and aptitude for further research, particularly if the project is in an area of science different from their main subject area.
Each REP is for up to 10 weeks during the summer vacation.
The REP placement comes with a stipend of £200 per week to the student, and a contribution that goes to the host supervisor towards research expenses for the placement.
Reporting and payments
The student and the awarding department are required to submit a brief report on the outcome of the REP to BBSRC within three months of completion of the placement.
Further information can be obtained from Dr Paul Kroon (email@example.com).